Job Ref: TGN4483
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Garment Technologist to join a clothing supplier who have been established for over 30 years & work across Ladieswear, Menswear & Childrenswear. The company create fashion ranges for high-street & online retailers. The company offer flexi-working hours and have on-site parking. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a similar role, have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and be able to work well on their own and as part of a team.
- Work closely with the Garment Technologist to ensure critical path dates are reached.
- Liaising with customers and overseas factories.
- Ensure that all fit samples and production runs smoothly.
- Responsible for attending fit meetings – relaying issues / comments to the overseas factories.
- Working with designers creating first size spec for sampling and costing.
- Attending fit sessions, taking notes and communicating comments to customers & factories
- Measuring fit samples, pre-production samples and production samples
- Produce clear and detailed technical specifications.
- Prepare technical packs for factories.
- Ensure all technical information is kept up to date, including samples and production samples & any necessary alterations are made following sample reviews internally or by customers.
- Have the ability to read and advice on test reports and advise on the suitability of fabrics.
- Carry out checks for bulk stock, compare with approved production sample/spec.
- Ensure quality and measurements are as per approval.
- Other duties as required.
- Have 1-2 years experience in a similar role.
- Have a degree in Fashion Technology (or similar).
- Understanding of garment construction.
- Highly organised & attentive to detail.
- An understanding of pattern cutting /grading is desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and to key deadlines.
- Be a team player.