Job Ref: TGN4148
An exciting opportunity for a Junior Garment Technician to join a reputable, established company. Due to a re-structure of the team a new opportunity has become available to join the thriving product team, headed up by the QA Manager. The business continues to see success and growth across all their brands.
- 30 days holiday a year (including bank holidays)
- Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
- 3pm finish on a Friday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Health Care cover
- Working in a small Product team.
- Assist with measuring samples and producing garment reports to feed into the PD Manager.
- Involvement with market research at the beginning of the development process.
- Assist with lab dips/bulk fabric approvals and feed into the Product Manager.
- Measuring and checking submitted samples, comparing with the approved tech pack, and highlighting any differences.
- Create and maintain workload tracker and ensure all calendar requirements are met in good time.
- Working with the Critical path to assist in ensuring each product is 100% approved and production ready to ensure they can ensure deliver on time.
- Checking embroidery designs sent from suppliers are approved, sending to customers where required for approval. Feeding back to QC Manager with any comments.
- Checking UK fabrics to ensure continuity across colour, quality, weight, and performance before being sent to the factory.
- Gather, maintain, and request on going test reports.
- Assist with maintaining fabric and trim standard libraries.
- Other duties as required.
- Have a relevant degree level education.
- Have experience working in related field.
- Knowledge of / experience with woven and knitted fabrics.
- Understanding of garment fit, construction and how pattern alterations relate to fit.
- The ability to complete in-house inspections.
- Confident with Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritise workflow based on deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate all issues to all necessary departments.
- Excellent organizational skills and be of a pro-active nature.
- Good time management skills.
- CAD system software experience is desirable.