Job Ref: TGN4438
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Designer to join an established and successful soft furnishings company working with leading High Street Retailers including John Lewis, Tesco & Next. You will report into the Head of Design & support the Senior Designer. You will work across private label and their own contemporary brand. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience of working in home textiles with AVA experience. This is a 9 month maternity contract starting in October 2022.
- 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Finish at 3pm on a Friday
- Casual dress code
- Conducting regular market research and retail analysis.
- Maintaining our archive of market samples and creating insightful market reports for both the internal team and customers.
- Keeping in touch with design trends in order to generate compelling trend resources of our own.
- Working on designs for both the UK and European export markets in CAD and in hand rendering, for both bath and bedding category
- Developing trend-driven and commercial colour palettes for relevant customers.
- Adhering to business deadlines
- Attending customer meetings to support the design team.
- Working with customers and internal teams on exclusive designs to their brief and their timetable
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of new design and production techniques and textile technology
- Dressing trade shows and showrooms in the UK and abroad
- Liaising with our internal teams to plan photography requirements, samples required for trade shows
- Enhancing our private label business by providing support to the UK and India design teams.
- Capturing trends, identifying key colour developments and generating new designs for both bed linen and towels.
- Regularly carrying out comparative shopping exercises to assess the market and maintain sample archives.
- Other duties as required.
- Have 1-2 years’ experience of Designing Home Textiles.
- Strong CAD skills, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- AVA experience would be an advantage.
- Educated to degree level.
- Excellent drawing skills and a flair for using colour creatively.
- Technical Knowledge of textile production (e.g. printing, dyeing) would be an advantage.
- Creating strong visual presentation material & speak confidently about design concepts.
- Ability to manage a busy workload & strong organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with everyone from internal teams through to customers.