Job Ref: TGN4626
An established and reputable clothing supplier are looking for an Import Merchandiser to join their growing Merchandising team. This is an excellent opportunity to progress in a busy and growing company. We are looking for an Import Merchandiser who has worked with Fashion / Clothing. This is an office-based role, the client is happy to offer part time hours as long as they suit the needs of the business.
- Reporting to the Head of Department.
- Building relationships with suppliers.
- Critical path management.
- Assisting with the management of orders from placement through to delivery – raising orders, checking and chasing samples, lab dips etc.
- Working with overseas factories on a daily basis via email and telephone.
- Communicating with suppliers to ensure orders are correctly processed & shipped on time.
- Preparing tech packs.
- Liaising with internal departments, Design QC, Accounts, Shipping and Sales Departments.
- Daily communication with Buyers and Factories via e-mail and telephone is a major part of the job.
- Costing customer orders.
- Requesting samples and sending to customers.
- Providing quotations to customers.
- Helping with logistics administration.
- Completing new line forms.
- Any administration tasks related to supply chain (e.g., raise Purchase orders).
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have Merchandising experience within a fashion import company.
- MUST be computer literate including Excel and Outlook.
- Able to efficiently multi-task & be highly organised in fast-paced atmosphere.
- Self-starter and driven individual with strong organisational skills, able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- A keen eye for detail.