Job Ref: TGN4612
Growing, award winning and industry leading company seeks, Assistant Import Merchandiser to join an established team to cover a period of 12 months Maternity Leave. This position offers variety, development and the chance to be part of a fun and highly experienced team. Experience in a similar role is preferable however transferable skills considered. (E.g., Purchasing, Stock control, Imports). Candidates will report to the Merchandise Manager.
- To contribute to all aspects of stock control, supplier management, ordering and replenishment.
- Shipment planning, including import documentation.
- Managing the critical path
- Creating purchase orders
- Liaising with Far East factories
- Planning and controlling stock levels
- Analysing sales and reacting to trends
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers.
- Work alongside product teams to ensure stock arrival in a timely manner
- Assisting with the major aspects of the supply chain critical path including merchandise, stock control, QC and the India office.
- Manage purchase and stock levels, in line with stock targets, and budget requirement, be able to ensure stock budgets are controlled and sustainable particularly during periods of high sales growth.
- Take a proactive role in the recommendation and decision-making regarding product launch and life cycle stages.
- Planning discount & markdown activity to ensure optimum sell through.
- Working with buying team to support and facilitate new product development whilst maintaining range planning techniques (to control width, depth, structure of range)
- Availability analysis & forecasting: track forecasts for new lines, whilst monitoring stock levels and ensuring availability
- Produce and analyse reports: to maintain stock levels according to business objectives.
- Supplier management: working with the Merchandise Manager and buying team to ensure our suppliers are consistently meeting our expectations and growing with us.
- Working cross departmental particularly with the buying & operations, finance, and sales, advising details of future plans and requirements.
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme