Job Ref: TGN4288
We are seeking an Import Merchandiser to join the growing team of Childrenswear supplier who work with retailers including Matalan, Boots, River Island, Next, Tesco ASDA etc. You will be working in the Merchandising team & liaising with Far East factories to ensure products are delivered on time. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
- To support the Account Manager and Merchandising team with day-to-day administration.
- Responsible for updating the critical path.
- Raising purchase orders.
- Data entry on Microsoft Excel & internal systems.
- Update the critical path and update the customer as required.
- Complete customer workbooks & chase approvals.
- Check lab dips/strike offs and bulk fabric submissions.
- Agree delivery dates with customers.
- Responsible for authorising shipments.
- Oversee samples, ensure orders and dates are agreed with the factories.
- Check and approve invoices & packing lists.
- Ensure available stock is ‘called off’ against agreed time frames.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept up to date and filed accordingly.
- Attend meetings with the customer as needed.
- Any other duties as required.
- Have at least 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Have strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Has good experience of dealing with High Street customers & Far East factories.
- Have a clean driving license & be willing to travel to client meetings.
- Good communication, planning & organising skills.
- Can work on own initiative and is focused on achieving results.
- Can build relationships easily.
- Meticulous/pays attention to detail.