Job Ref: TGN4360
An established family-owned FMCG global distributor are looking for a HR Manager to join the business. The company supply products across the retail market & have offices in the UK, USA & Hong Kong & work with suppliers and retailers in over 50 countries worldwide. You will be responsible for all HR activity across UK sites, including overseeing the processes, policies and procedures and to ensure that they are legal and fair in order to meet the needs of the business and be in line with the business values. This is a standalone position and therefore you will be required to undertake all HR related administration as well as working to support senior management to deliver the strategic business objectives.
- 3 days per week
- Monday to Friday 8.00am-4.30pm
- Hybrid / flexible working if required
- Participation in company bonus scheme
- Company auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Free parking
- 21 days holiday
- Generous sick pay scheme
- Play an active part in the Senior Management Team to ensure the immediate priorities within the business are addressed and the future strategic plans are communicated and achievable.
- Responsible for ensuring full employee life cycle including: Attraction, Recruitment, Onboarding, Retention, Development, Leavers.
- Lead by example, supporting the Senior Managers with establishing the culture of the business by promoting and instilling the company values and a collaborative way of working across all departments and locations.
- Support the Operations Director with organisation design and resourcing to ensure all departments are working effectively.
- Be the lead on recruitment and onboarding into the business, ensuring new starters are given the best possible introduction to the business and implement improvements to the onboarding process.
- Review and identify training and development needs, including succession planning and ongoing development of future managers.
- Coach Managers and Supervisors to address performance, conduct and absence concerns in line with company policies. Support them through Employment Relations cases advising on process and taking notes at meetings.
- Provide monthly reports to the Senior Management Team including HR KPIs such as staff turnover, starters/ leavers, training, headcount, payroll, temp labour, absence levels, E&D and expenses to drive improvements across the business.
- Ensure company Handbook and contracts are kept updated and compliant with Employment Law changes, that they are accessible and understood.
- Ensure continuity of internal communications throughout the business including communication with all levels through newsletters, notice boards and staff huddles.
- Ensure GDPR and data protection policies and processes are updated and understood.
- Advise and lead on organisation change programmes.
- Support our London Head Office through a period of change including a return to the office and culture change in line with the Operations side of the business.
- HR admin including letter writing, filing, absence management, time and attendance, expenses and invoice management for the Operations side of the business.
- Drive engagement initiatives including the charity committee, “star of the quarter”, wellbeing strategy and further embedding company culture and values. Organise events as required. Carry out employee surveys to obtain feedback and make further improvements.
- Be involved in the H&S committee.
- Any other duties that are required by the Operations Director.
- MUST have HR generalist experience at Officer/ Advisor level.
- Assoc CIPD qualified to minimum level 5 essential.
- Driving licence and own car essential.
- Strong IT skills essential, including outlook and excel.
- Experience in a strategic HR advantageous.
- Previous payroll involvement advantageous.
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment advantageous.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills at all levels essential.
- A problem-solver who enjoys fast-paced work whilst remaining methodical in your approach.
- Good knowledge and experience of Employee Relations and ability to coach Managers through Disciplinary, Grievance and Absence Management cases.
- Leadership experience and qualities- able to build relationships across all areas of the business and comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Passionate, driven to succeed and comfortable to challenge the status quo.
- Trustworthy and reliable.