Job Ref: TGN4594
An excellent opportunity for an HR Assistant to join an online retailer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast paced, growing business. This is a varied role where you will be responsible for assisting in all issues relating to the HR function
- A very well organised person with a professional and flexible approach required for a growing, privately owned, Online retail business.
- The post holder will be expected to provide general HR support to the business.
- It is a varied role where you will be involved with all areas of HR, including, but not limited to, Employee contracts, Onboarding, time & attendance systems including monitoring and reporting, Training needs identification, Appraisals, disciplinary matters and payroll adjustments.
- This role would suit somebody who likes variety and is comfortable operating within a fast paced, growing business.
- The position requires a team player with excellent communication skills who is very well organised.
- You must be able to prioritise your workload, completing tasks within agreed timescales, work well under pressure and always have a positive approach.
- Be able to anticipate what is needed and take appropriate action. You need to be confident in what you are doing and be able to work on own initiative.
- Maintenance of Employee personnel Records
- Drafting contracts of employment & HR Change notices
- Liaising with HR legal support provider to ensure that the business is kept up to date in terms of HR law and that our policies and procedures are compliant.
- Handling all recruitment including drafting job descriptions, liaising with recruitment agencies, arranging interviews, etc.
- Time recording and staff holiday co-ordination
- Generate offers of employment, including contracts and associated ‘new starter’ documentation.
- Inductions for new starters, including providing manager with induction paperwork in a timely manner for new starters.
- Administration of Return-to-work process
- All other HR correspondence.
- Appraisal document preparation, recording of key data and onward reporting of actions to take
- Assisting with HR policy reviews
- Supporting Training Needs Analysis
- Requesting and following up employer references
- Provide general HR information to the business as required, such as holiday or absence standards, policy information, printing of documentation etc
- Analysing data from time and attendance systems, monitoring trends and acting upon them.
- Providing administration support, including taking notes in formal meetings on behalf of a Team Leader / Manager.
- Providing Administrative support for exit interviews and the leavers process.
- Support to Health and Safety initiatives, including during staff inductions.
- Must have at least 1-2 years’ experience within a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills (Written and verbal)
- CIPD qualified (minimum Level 3)
- Dealing with all private and confidential manner where discretion is essential
- Experience within a similar role is essential
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to adapt to changes and tackle challenges efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel etc.
- Persuasive and diplomatic personality.