Job Ref: TGS1433
A highly professional and experienced Head of Merchandising is required to join our client, a successful online and high street retailer within their head office in London. The main purpose is to be able to drive departmental and company performance via planning, managing and optimising sales, stock, markdown and profit.
- Pivotal in driving strategy with the Buyer – Planning, managing, and achieving the targeted measures of Sales, Stock turn, Markdown and Profit.
- Controlling the in-season Open-to-Buy down to category level through monthly WSSI meetings with Head of Merchandising.
- Effective range planning and markdown control.
- Work closely with the supplier to minimise lead times, create flexibility and improve availability and
- Train, motivate and develop the team.
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with various departments and teams.
- Manage Departmental budgets and KPI’s
- Represent the Department at weekly trade meetings.
- Regular branch visits throughout the year
- Have a minimum of 8-10 years in a similar role
- Will be a strong and motivational leader
- Have managed a team of minimum 7 people
- Be able to manipulate OTB and intake so as to maintain stock
- WSSI knowledge and experience
- Plans & Forecasting experience
- Have undertaken regular branch visits and provide feedback
- Be able to provide strong and effective leadership on all matters relating to the Department