Location: Manchester – Remote Working
Job Ref: TGN4471
A rewarding career opportunity for a talented Head of Finance has become available, you will play a central role in the future success of a leading homeware business. We are a successful and growing SME that has been trading online for 16 years. As Head of Finance/Finance Controller, you will be responsible for managing the results of the finance department and overseeing financial department staff in day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, a fully qualified/QBE accountant with prior exposure to a growing SME business in the Ecommerce sector. Happy reporting directly to the MD and a key member of the SMT team.
- Ensure the reliability, accuracy, accessibility, and completeness of financial information by taking ownership of all management accounting, payroll, and treasury functions.
- Analyse the financial and accounting transactions and ensure that they are compliant with the company’s rules and regulations
- Ownership of monthly management accounts and other regular and ad hoc financial reports for monthly SMT meetings.
- Assist with strategic and business growth plans for the company and assessment of financial risk
- Weekly KPI reporting
- Oversee timely compliance on all tax (VAT, PAYE/NI, corporation tax)
- Manage the annual financial planning and re-forecasting processes.
- Management of daily cash flow
- Managing and developing current and future finance department staff (currently made up of 3 staff)
- Yearend close and managing annual audits
- Liaising with external stakeholders including but not limited to Bankers, Auditors, Outside consultants, Finance providers and Insurers
Experience & Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA or QBE with at least 5 years’ experience in an FC/HoF role)
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ( >5yrs) experience in a similar role
- Exceptional financial & analytical skills
- Experience with Xero accounting software would be an advantage
- Excellent Excel skills
- Previous management of a team and ideally via remote methods
- Preferred experience of Retail Ecommerce business and marketplace channels
- Preferred experience of handling multiple payment methods
- Preferred experience in leading, scaling and developing a team of finance professionals
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Wellness programme
- Work from home – Hybrid
- Bonus scheme