Job Ref: TGN4310
An exciting opportunity for a Head of Design join a Fashion Supplier & Brand who work with ASOS, Quiz, Lipsy, Missguided, BooHoo, Oasis & Miss Selfridge. The ideal candidate will have 5 years+ experience in a similar role. They have modern offices, a friendly atmosphere and a fantastic product. This is an office-based role working Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. You will be managing a growing Design team, driving the brands strategy & overseeing range design / development.
- Working alongside the Senior Management Team.
- Managing a growing Design team, currently 4 people, soon to be 5.
- Responsible for leading the creation of Key Design concepts.
- Liaising with the Garment Technology & Merchandising teams.
- Creating & developing original initial design concepts.
- Researching and developing new ranges.
- Complete comp shop reports / trend analysis / trend research.
- Translating celebrity & Instagram trends to the high street.
- Working to briefs in order to meet customer requirements.
- Delivering products on budget & ensuring deadlines are achieved.
- Attending customer meetings and presenting new ranges.
- Liaising with Far East factories on a daily basis.
- Source new fabrics & onboarding new factories.
- Developing and maintaining business relationships.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have Ladieswear Design experience at Senior / Manager level within Occasionwear.
- Have strong team & people management skills.
- Be fully CAD literate including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.
- Ability to fully understand customer requirements.
- Knowledge of garment construction and quality procedures.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal & written.
- Have previous experience working with UK and international suppliers and factories.