Job Ref: TGS1476
An experienced Garment Technologist with cutting skills is required at a well-established manufacture & supplier of ladieswear woven and jersey to the UK high-street. With pattern amendment/alteration experience and the ability to manage fit samples and critical path you will have strong background and a minimum of 5 years knowledge within the same role.
- Fitting of initial samples & progressing to sealing and pre-production samples as required.
- Altering patterns using CAD / Optitex pattern software and some manual cutting also required.
- Managing the fit process from order through to bulk production.
- Carry out quality evaluations to ensure the bulk production meets required specifications.
- Working with various other teams including Designers and Production to improve efficiency and quality within the process.
- Liaising with factories – internationally
- Managing critical path dates ensuring no delays
- Ensure garments meet quality standards needed
- Documenting changes and fit adjustments and comments
- Investigations if not as per approvals, liaising with suppliers and factories on changes required.
- Managing junior team members where needed.
- MUST HAVE a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Have experience working to short lead times ( 8 weeks)
- Relevant qualification at degree or equivalent level in fashion and textiles.
- Must have worked with Wovens and Soft Separates.
- Experience of fitting, grading, pattern adjustments, garment construction and quality standards.
- Knowledge of production methods.
- Understanding of textile properties.
- Proven ability to convey technical detail clearly.
- Proficient user of Illustrator, Photoshop or any other CAD programs and Microsoft and Excel.
- Exceptional communication, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Travel when required to factories.