Type: Permanent – 12 Month Maternity Cover
Job Ref: TGS1450
A fantastic opportunity for a Garment Tech/QC to join a highly successfully supplier to large multiples, wholesalers and e-traders.
12 month maternity cover
- Conducting fit sessions in-house and at retailers sites (when permittable), balancing speed and quality; making commercial decisions with confidence; owning the fitting process and inspiring trust and confidence from colleagues and suppliers
- Working across multi product including jersey, woven, knit, socks, hats, toys and accessories.
- Analysing technical issues accurately and sending clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers; processing samples in a timely and agile manner
- Liaising with Design, Merchandising teams & suppliers to offer technical guidance on new product development with the aim of reducing costs & improving quality
- Ensuring compliance with fibre composition labelling regulations, product safety & REACH legislation; assessing risk, managing relevant testing; recording & resolving non-compliance effectively and efficiently
- Analysing test reports and inspection reports, resolving any issues in a timely manner
- Promoting quality at all times, whilst maintaining a strong commercial attitude
- Delivering continuous improvement and creative solutions
- Children/Babywear experience essential
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience of a similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Multi-product experience; able to move between product areas with assurance
- Experience of working directly with factories, and thorough understanding of factory production, including work-flow, production control, machinery and equipment
- Pattern-cutting knowledge and practise is very desirable; knowledge of grading and grade rules
- Thorough understanding of garment construction, fabric technology & testing
- First class communication skills with experience of liaising with a range of factories around the world.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, as the role requires
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks & change direction with agility
- Confident using Outlook, Excel & Word and PLM systems keen to expand skill-set as the role demands