Location: Leicester LE18
Job Ref: TGM1467
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Garment Technologist to join a leading supplier to various UK mid-market high street retailers of womenswear, with a particular emphasis Wovens/Tailored and Jerseywear. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and design led but commercial, forward-thinking company.
- Managing and communicating amendments and changes to be discussed and advised to production and pattern cutters
- Creating first specs and grading
- Organising samples for fitting based on critical paths
- Fit samples and making notes
- Ensure product performance requirements are established and maintained through supplier education, testing and monitoring.
- Apply appropriate methods of communication with supplier bases, showing initiative and creative thinking where necessary to solve problems.
- Prepare fit comments / size specs and graded size specs for the factory further to customer fit comments/ internal fit comments.
- Prepare test requirements on all of your orders and send to the laboratory, along with approving all test reports before these are submitted to the supplier and manufacturers.
- Undertake supplier visits to improve quality standards, improve working relationships and increase personal knowledge of manufacturing capabilities/developments.
- Be strong in front of customers / buyers and factories.
- Must have worked in a similar role as a Garment Technologist for a minimum of 5 years.
- Must have worked for a fashion supplier with mid-high end market customers.
- Must have experience in ladieswear – wovens/ tailoring and jersey
- Thorough knowledge of garment construction and the fitting process.
- Good knowledge of fabric testing standards and care labelling.
- Must have a strong ability to communicate and advise if things are incorrect
- Highly organised.
- PC literate with experience of working with Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of developing product for fit, quality and performance.
- Some knowledge of garment wash techniques/ processes.
- A good understanding of garment production systems.
- Strong communication and influencing at all levels.
- Good planning and org skills, able to change plans in line with business needs.
- Ability to risk analyse product.