Job Ref: TGM1399
An experienced Garment Technologist is needed to join a busy supplier of fast fashion to various high street retailers.
- Working with ladies Knitwear garments for both own brand and retailers (including New Look).
- Creating patterns.
- Attending fit meetings and making amendments where necessary, recommending any changes that will increase the garment quality and efficiency.
- Checking garment samples ensuring that they measure accurately to the spec and are produced to the required standard.
- Working out size specifications and planning how new garments will be made up by producing graded size charts.
- Ensuring fabric lab tests are carried out and resolving any problems which arise should there be a failed lab test.
- Ensuring garments are ready to meet the required delivery dates on time.
- Taking part in meetings with Buyers.
- Liaising with customers and clients providing high quality customer service and efficiency, representing the company at all times.
- Working alongside the Company Director.
- Minimum of 3- 5 years experience gained within a similar role jersey or knitwear for a busy fast fashion supplier.
- Strong understanding of garment construction and technical knowledge.
- Experience of ladieswear including knitwear
- Cut and sew knowledge.
- Understanding of pattern cutting.
- Working knowledge of critical paths.
- A keen eye for trends.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with customers, factories and team members.
- Confidence to arrange meetings with internal and external customers.
- Team player with good organisational skills.
- Fully computer literate.
- Willing to travel if and when needed.