Location: Manchester – Hybrid
Job Ref: TGN4434
An outstanding opportunity exists for an experienced Garment Technologist /Product Developer to work with a well-known international clothing brand/retailer. You will be involved with developing styles from initial design to bulk production in order to achieve a great quality range, within a strict timeframe, at agreed price points.
- Working closely with the Product Development Manager.
- Work closely with the factory to ensure that samples are to specification and delivered on time.
- Assist the design team with development of all new ranges.
- Create specific size chart to compliment the design
- Coordinate fit sessions to ensure best possible fit (tweak size charts if necessary).
- Coordinate all trims and components to use with new range.
- Give advice to designer with regards to features and construction when required.
- Complete seasonal sizing research (both consumer and retailer based) where required.
- Compile detailed garment specifications for factory, including graded size charts, trim details, construction methods etc.
- Provide detailed technical advice/ assistance to factories on a daily basis.
- Manage the sealing process from bulk buy to cutting size set appraisal and sample appraisal.
- Ensure all ISO procedures associated with this job are done in line with documentation and any changes are managed according to ISO and FWF requirements.
- Assist the designer in presentation of design development and final range to other teams.
- Assist in dressing the showroom for sales launch.
- Responsible for contributing to own training and development.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have experience in a similar role (garment technology or product development).
- Ideally have a relevant degree level or similar.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office and Adobe illustrator.
- The position may require some overseas travel i.e., for factory visits.
- Ideally 2 years’ experience
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home