Type: Permanent – Part time
Job Ref: TGS1357
Garment Technologist of ladieswear required for an established supplier. The role will suit an experienced and hardworking individual who wants to join a fun, fast paced environment. The company work with retailers including ASOS and New Look and the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role and have worked from initial sample to production. PLEASE NOTE – This is a part time role ( 3 days per week) initially. Fantastic company!
- Reporting to the Manager.
- Attending fits and suggesting modifications to help in production
- Work closely with design, sales and merchandising teams.
- Organise and attend all fit meetings with High Street customers.
- Ensuring garments are produced within budget
- Overseeing fabric testing and fittings of first samples
- Ensure correct garment construction methods are used
- Responding to and answering product queries
- Creating factory packs
- Producing quality control reports
- Provide technical guidance regarding size specifications, fabric selection and garment construction.
- Prepare workbooks and send fit comments to production teams within critical path timescales.
- Manage all aspects of the sealing process critical path.
- Manage your own critical path.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have 3 years’ experience in a similar role with Ladies fashion – woven and jerseywear.
- Understanding of garment construction, production pattern and the manufacturing process.
- Experience with grading and fits.
- Highly organised.
- Must be fully IT literate.
- Be an effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Ability to travel for fit sessions when required.
- Team player who enjoys working under own initiative as well as part of a team.