Location: North West
Job Ref: TGN4569
A fantastic opportunity for a Garment Technologist is required to join a successful supplier of clothing to retailers including M&S, Next, Tesco, Zara, Primark, Mango, John Lewis etc. This is a full time, permanent role. This is an office-based role working Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role and be looking to develop their career in a fast-paced environment.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Small, friendly, family run company
- Established for over 15 years
- Early finish on a Friday (4pm)
- Reporting to the Technical Manager.
- Ensuring that garments are being produced to the required quality standard and that manufacturing is measured within tolerance.
- Discussing new designs with the design department and Merchandisers and helping to decide the best way to manufacture.
- Working out size specifications for initial and graded bulk size charts.
- Liaising with customers and working with the Far East Factories.
- Working with the Garment Tech Team as well as being able to use your own initiative.
- Create, update, and maintain product workbooks.
- Responsible for obtaining the final inspection report supplied by the supplier prior to shipment
- Communicating with High Street customers.
- Communicating with factories in the UK and Far East.
- Pattern cutting – including cutting a pattern from scratch.
- Compile and complete workbooks.
- Create technical specifications and measuring samples.
- Measuring garments and resolving any issues.
- Producing quality inspection reports to communicate required product improvements.
- Attending fit meetings and relaying comments back to factories
- Making sure correct fabrics are being used, correct trims and packaging as well.
- Work to the Critical path to meet deadlines.
- Checking pre-production and production samples meet the required quality and aesthetic standards.
- Inspecting incoming goods against sealing samples to required standards and resolving any issues.
- Ensuring sealing and all samples are stored and labelled correctly at all times.
- Suggesting improvements/amendments to quality system where appropriate.
- Work with suppliers to continually improve quality and ethical standards.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Other duties as required.
- Have experience in a similar role working for a supplier with similar Retailers.
- Have a Fashion Degree (or similar).
- Have pattern cutting skills.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Highly organised with strong time management skills.
- Computer literate (preferably familiar with Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Access etc).
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, multitask and thrive in a busy office environment.
- Ability to travel as and when required to meet with Buyers and suppliers.