Job Ref: TGN4586
An established clothing and accessories supplier are seeking a Garment Technologist to join their team. You will be working with major store groups over a number of product categories including Swimwear, Nightwear and Accessories.
With the ongoing expansion of the business this is an exciting opportunity for you to be part of our Creative team.
1 year contract – possibly leading to longer.
Hybrid working available
- Working on multiple products across; Swimwear, Lingerie, Nightwear, Fitness incl Seamless, Footwear, Accessories involving Women’s, Men’s and Children’s
- Managing own product area as well as assisting Technologists in other product areas
- Measuring sealing samples comprising of first fits, second fits, pre-production, shipment samples (as required) in line with critical path deadlines
- Assisting in the resolution of fit, quality and construction issues
- Conduct fit sessions for own product area
- Attending fit sessions, taking accurate notes and photos to aid in adding comments to the workbooks for each style
- Following the critical path, chasing and logging sample submissions and packaging details from suppliers Updating the weekly Critical Path meeting spreadsheet
- Approving care labels and updating wash care information
- Maintaining an organised environment ensuring all samples are stored in their correct areas for ease of access
- Carrying out duties within other departments where required
- Assisting in sending out test request forms and approving garment test reports, ensuring brand standards and quality are met. Knowledge of Garments testing, and current legislation is beneficial
- Reviewing fits and returns information, to improve fit and quality standards.
- Must have a degree in a similar field, knowledge and experience in lingerie and swimwear is beneficial/preferred
- Previous experience essential, a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must have knowledge of pattern cutting, grading and construction
- Knowledge of garment & fabric testing is advantageous
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must be fully computer literate