Job Ref: TGN4705
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a Garment Technologist to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially minded Garment Technologist to work on our brands across men’s, ladies and children’s clothing, underwear & accessories and with our high street and online retailers. Working closely with the design team, merchandisers and factories ensuring all work is approved and production runs efficiently and on time.
- Measuring and fitting all samples during the development process in collaboration with designer / customer
- Developing size charts
- Sending clear comments to factories: Proto, SMS, PP, Shipment
- Updating product workbooks with comprehensive fit comments and sample feedback, providing technical instructions to the supply base
- Ensure that the garments are being produced to the required quality standard.
- Liaising with suppliers and factories during the production to ensure technical issues are supported with clear and timely decisions to ensure shipment dates are achieved.
- Liaising with designers and suppliers to offer technical guidance on new product development with the aim of reducing costs and improving quality.
- Promoting quality at all times whilst maintaining a strong commercial attitude
- Working to a critical path to ensure that the development process is smooth and that the ex-factory dates are maintained.
- Communicating with multiple factories to ensure the production process is on track.
- QC check production & feedback to factories.
- General day to day organisation is required, including organising samples, archiving old samples & creating/removing submission files.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fitting and resolving of fit issues
- Pattern-cutting knowledge and practice is very desirable alongside the knowledge of grading and grade rules.
- First-class communication skills: experience of working with different cultures and the challenges this can bring.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team as the role requires.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook effectively.
- A minimum of 2/3 years’ experience within a similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel overseas to suppliers if required.