Job Ref: TGN4389
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Ladieswear Designer (Going Out / Partywear / Dresses) to work at a growing fashion manufacturer and wholesaler. The company supply clients such as Boohoo, Missguided, PLT, ASOS etc. The working hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 experience of fast fashion Ladieswear with a creative eye who can stay ahead of trends & creates exciting products.
- Working in a small Design team.
- Working closely with Director and General Manager.
- Designing multi product young ladieswear across multi products.
- Design trend focussed and commercial ranges for 18-30 year old market.
- Complete competitor research and analysis.
- Staying up to date with industry trends & presenting to the team.
- Research trends identifying key seasonal colours & apparel trends with a focus on commerciality.
- Creating and updating initial CAD’s.
- Creating and updating tech packs.
- Overseeing development of ranges by checking samples, fabrics and prints.
- Work closely with factories to ensure samples and lead times are not delayed.
- Operating within the design calendar critical path.
- Develop new collections.
- Create new designs across the ladies party wear including tops and dresses.
- Designing shapes, graphics and prints.
- Create trend lead cutting edge creations for fast fashion.
- Complete comp shop reports, translating catwalk to high street.
- Trend analysis/research.
- Provide support for the business in all creative areas.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have 2-3 years experience working with Ladieswear.
- Ideally have a Degree in Fashion Design/Clothing Design & Technology (or similar).
- Excellent IT skills – Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Be passionate about fashion and use initiative to look for inspiration.
- Technical knowledge of garment construction, pattern cutting/grading/fabrics etc.
- Be creative, enthusiastic & trend driven.