Job Ref: TGM1719
An excellent opportunity for a Ladieswear Assistant Designer/ Junior designer to join a fast-growing online Fashion Ladieswear Retailer. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and fashion driven candidate to join a fast-paced team. We are ideally looking for a Design assistant who has worked with similar retailers to Topshop/ River Island/ Urban Outfitters and have previously liaised with Factories overseas.
- Supporting design team with trend and product research.
- Developing high quality technical design packs using illustrator.
- Working closely with suppliers & factories.
- Sending design packs out.
- Liaising with suppliers throughout the sampling process.
- Assisting the design and buying team by updating digital sample/design logs.
- Ensuring brand awareness is retained.
- Be commercially aware of current trends and themes.
- Demonstrate a good commercial understanding of the customer.
- Supporting with trend, colour, shape, graphic and fabric direction.
- Interpreting trends and translating them in a commercial way.
- Researching consumer markets, monitoring market trends & identifying potential opportunities.
- Ensuring all products are designed in line with the Critical Path.
- Processing samples as they come into the office.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have a Fashion Design Degree.
- MUST have worked with similar retailers to Topshop/ River Island/ Urban Outfitters
- MUST have worked factories similar to Turkey
- Be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion and hunger to work in a fast-paced fashion environment.