Location: Trafford Park
Job Ref: TGN4667
Our client is a multi-product FMCG business, currently looking to expand their Accounts team, with an experienced Credit Controller. The company is a great place to work and offers excellent training and progression with a fast paced, varied and busy workload
Their customers, based mainly in the UK, consist of retailers ranging from well-known high street brands to small independent stores.
They are seeking an experienced, proactive and enthusiastic Credit Controller to support the day-to-day management of the sales ledger.
Reporting to the Credit Control Team Leader you will be involved in all aspects of credit control.
- Proactively managing and collecting debts from an assigned selection of company debtors
- Responding to client queries
- Processing and allocating incoming funds.
- Reconciling accounts
- Providing administrative support to finance team
- Regular communication of issues to other stake holders.
- Reducing/eliminating overdue debts
- Adhere to credit and collection procedures.
- Regularly contacting customers by telephone and email to build strong relationships.
- Assessing credit requests – complying with the Credit Insurance Policy and Invoice Finance procedures
- Issue reports detailing customer payment shortfalls and aged debt analysis.
- Post journals to clear deductions from the sales ledger.
- Ensure that paper and EDI invoices are issued or uploaded as applicable.
- Update customer records on the ERP system, detailing all debtors chase actions.
- The following is a list of ideal requirements but not all are essential
- Experience with Dynamics Nav ERP system
- Excel Intermediate level (Pivot tables V look ups etc.)
- Experience of dealing with retail customers from blue chip to small independents and the use of their various portals where applicable
- Previous use of Invoice Finance
- Knowledge of Credit Insurance Policies and management
- Excellent communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Able to clearly explain financial matters.
- Attention to detail with good analytical skills.
- The ability to prioritise a heavy workload and be flexible in approach.