Job Ref: TGM1504
An experienced Compliance Manager with an understanding of ethical audit programs is needed to join an established clothing manufacturer and supplier to a variety of high street retailers and grocers. This is the perfect role for someone that is looking for their first role in Ethical sustainability who comes from a fashion background or has fashion degree with admin experience.
- Working with Customers, Licensors to collect their social ethical, technical, environmental, building safety, etc compliance requirements
- Working with In-country Compliance teams and Suppliers to implement Customers/Licensors compliance requirements at Factories
- Perform Factory pre-audits, assist in audit preparations
- Review compliance related processes, write up procedures where needed
- Closely follow up Factories accreditation process, booking audits, review reports/certificates, non-compliances, corrective actions, expiry dates, etc
- Knowledgeable on Sourcing country laws, regulations – or research/study as needed
- Working with the company’s supply chain checking traceability and validation of all paperwork
- Monitor the supply base through pro-active management of audit programme, drive improvement through ongoing work with suppliers and with the support of the In-country teams
- Support the business with the ethical compliance programme for the group, undertaking investigations into potential ethical compliance issues
- Manage customer/licensor specific compliance requirements, communication and attend regular meetings
- Form close relationships with suppliers, customers, licensors
- Great understanding of ethical audit programs: ETI, SMETA, BSCI, WALMART, etc.
- Knowledge of sustainability & environmental programs: GOTS, BCI, Higg Index etc.
- Ongoing research, study, and training on latest compliance requirements
- Observe Company Rules, Standard Operating Procedures and Company Policies, particularly in relation to Health and Safety, Harassment, Disciplinary and ICT Security
- Report any findings, suggest solutions to responsible management
- A minimum of 2 years experience in compliance field (factory auditing experience would be a great advantage) is needed
- Strong understanding of ethical audit programs such as SMETA, BSCI etc.
- Understanding and ability to research sustainability programs/new initiatives (GOTS, BCI, Higg Index, etc).
- Highly organised with the proven ability to work under pressure and cope with tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactive approach.
- Previous auditing experience would be an advantage.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office packages and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.