Job Ref: TGM1449
An experienced Compliance Administrator Officer with an understanding of ethical audit programs is needed to join an established clothing manufacturer and supplier to a variety of high street retailers and grocers. This is the perfect role for someone that is looking for their first role in Ethical sustainability who comes from a fashion background or has fashion degree with admin experience.
- Supporting the business with the ethical compliance programme for the group, undertaking investigations into potential ethical compliance issues.
- Managing customer, licensor specific requirements from the compliance point of view and attending regular meetings.
- Working with ethical audit programs such as SMETA, BSCI etc.
- Researching sustainability programs and new initiatives using GOTS, BCI, Higg Index, etc.
- Working throughout the organisation to ensure the company is at the forefront of ethical trade both for the business and its suppliers.
- Monitoring the supply base through pro-active management of the audit programme and driving improvement through ongoing work with suppliers and with the support of the in country teams.
- Maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Attending customer and licensor meetings.
- Ensuring a smooth handover between departments.
- Occasionally conducting factory visits/audits.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in compliance field (factory auditing experience would be a great advantage) is needed
- Strong understanding of ethical audit programs such as SMETA, BSCI etc.
- Understanding and ability to research sustainability programs/new initiatives (GOTS, BCI, Higg Index, etc).
- Highly organised with the proven ability to work under pressure and cope with tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactive approach.
- Previous auditing experience would be an advantage.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office packages and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.