Location: Near Wigan
Job Ref: TGN4362
A leading importer and distributor of Fashion are currently looking to recruit an Import Merchandiser / Assistant Buyer to join their growing team. The company supply nightwear, beachwear, swimwear & accessories to the high street including B&M, Boohoo, Yours Clothing, In the Style, PLT & The Range etc. The working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:30pm. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role with strong Excel and administrative skills.
- Deal with a range of suppliers and factories raising PO’s and manage the critical path to ensure that all garments / products arrive at the right time as scheduled.
- Liaise with the Buyer, Designer and Garment Technologist to create internal critical path and order summary to allow purchase order chasing to take place. This must be reviewed weekly at team meetings, along with the import team to ensure paperwork is raised.
- Raising PO sheets for the factories, where attention to detail is paramount, correct formula/sums are applied. FOB prices, packaging information and imagery are correct.
- Systems set up / entry for new orders. Ensuring updates and amendments are inputted as they are agreed – i.e. price, shipment, quantity etc. ETD / planned ETA date throughout the history of the purchase order. To ensure goods are shipped on time
- Ensuring approvals are received as required and on time and approved as a team i.e. samples, accessories, lab dips, lab tests – and reverting comments back to the supplier as quickly as possible.
- Checking all customer MTO orders from sales and passing details to the supplier. To ensure suppliers fully understand all relevant requirements and sample requirements, labelling, packaging, lab testing etc.
- Follow up the orders and review/monitor all critical path dates· chase and agree with supplier in advance to arrange the pre inspections of the goods before shipment.
- Highlight any problems or delays efficiently.
- Check and approve shipment bookings and documents.
- Ensure that the Buyer has accurate data to enable informed decisions and planning which can directly, proactively relating to maximising profitability and contributing to overall business strategy and growth.
- Reviews sales forecasts based on performance, and actions re forecasts.
- Along with the buyer/sales and marketing, brief and liaise with the design department the pagination of the catalogues, leaflets and email campaigns, to ensure we promote new stock and clearance offers.
- Communicating with the sales team on status of all the stages (approvals, test reports etc.) plus any amendments to contracts and keeping them aware of the delivery status.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have experience as an Import Merchandiser in a retailer/ supplier environment.
- MUST have good IT skills with knowledge of Word, & Excel.
- Good written, numerical and communication skills.
- Be able to effectively & confidently communicate at all levels.
- Be organised with attention to detail skills.
- Have the ability to work efficiently under pressure, prioritising workload to meet deadlines.