Location: Manchester – HYBRID
Job Ref: TGN4601
We are seeking an Import Merchandiser to join the growing team of an established & reputable clothing supplier who work with High Street Retailers & Supermarkets. The company are a market leading manufacturer & supplier, whose brand is based outstanding customer service. We are looking for somebody with a minimum of 3 years experience working within the textile industry preferably in Merchandising/Production department.
- 35 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Hybrid working
- Good Progression opportunities
- Annual reviews
- Stakeholder Pension
- To support the Account Manager and Senior Merchandiser with day-to-day administration.
- Ensure that products meet delivery dates & margins while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Attend Handover meetings between the Merchandising & Garment Technology teams.
- Check lab dips/strike offs and bulk fabric submissions and send to the customer for approval.
- Gold Seal checking procedure – ensure gold seals are correct and authorise shipment of goods.
- Manage Customer and Licensor approvals to meet critical path dates.
- Complete customer packaging requirements and send to factory.
- Check licensor approvals and upload onto the system.
- Liaise with the Licensing co-ordinator regarding the development and approval of licensor packaging.
- Raise and amend orders on the internal system and notify factories as required.
- Input data into the internal shipping spreadsheet for the production and warehousing departments.
- Upon receipt of the contract from the customer, report any discrepancies & notify the factories.
- Ensure that all Purchase orders and sales orders are completed on time.
- Ensure correct critical path and summary is sent to the customer as required.
- Work with 3rd Party warehouse to ensure the goods are booked and delivered as per agreed dates.
- Dispatch goods off the system once dispatched by the warehouse.
- Complete weekly dispatch report for your accounts and distribute as required.
- Arrange and lead customer meetings.
- Coordinate the approval of invoices & packing lists giving the authorisation to accounts for payment.
- To ensure all paperwork is kept up to date and filed accordingly.
- Other duties as required.
- Have at least 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Have strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of dealing with & resolving issues with High Street customers & Far East factories.
- Have a clean driving license & be willing to travel to client meetings.
- Strong communication, planning & organising skills.
- Can work on own initiative and is focused on achieving results.
- Can build relationships easily.
- Meticulous/pays attention to detail.