Job Ref: TGN4444
An exciting opportunity for a Buying Manger required to join ethically focussed, industry leading, award winning employer experiencing substantial growth. As a business-to-business sector company with an international supply chain this is an excellent opportunity for a socially conscious, motivated and inspiring leader to join an established team, with the scope to make a real impact both internally and externally.
This role is hybrid 3 days in the office, 2 days at home.
- This is a key leadership role within the team. The post holder must be passionate about the product, be capable of challenging, influencing, making high-level decisions, effectively managing relationships, and delivering financial performance.
- To spearhead the delivery of the product ambition and performance in line with the product strategy, including all financial targets, optimisation activities and range reviews. To lead the Buying & Design teams to deliver ranges that maximise sales and profit, minimise end to end costs and execute customer growth opportunities
- Full responsibility for delivering on the financial plan: Sales, Intake Margin, Rebates. Formulating recovery plans where necessary to ensure full delivery vs plan.
- Responsible for negotiating costs & supplier terms.
- Accountable for formulating & delivering Product Strategy/range assortment plans, and identification of key growth opportunities to maximise sales and profit.
- Identify the underlying principles, reasons for performance within the product range and take remedial actions where necessary for optimum range performance, working in collaboration and influencing others where necessary.
- Drive data led decision making with the Buying & NPD teams.
- Understand the wider market context to anticipate challenges and opportunities.
- Lead the Buying & Design teams to work on delivering high quality buy plans on time, followed by range assortment and sign off. Delivering right first time.
- Deliver end to end range management – sku optimization plans, supplier optimisation and global sourcing, working in collaboration with key stakeholders where necessary.
- Demonstrate strong planning and project management skills to ensure that targets are always met.
- Drive teamwork within the wider team – working in close collaboration with Technical, and Merchandising teams to land the product ambition.
- Lead, influence and inspire direct reports and the wider team to work collaboratively and cross functionally and be high performing.
- Deputize for Product Director as needed.
- Responsible for delivering supplier strategy and relationships.
- Responsible for managing relationship with key stakeholders at the customer end.
- Occasionally you will be required to be away from the office, visiting factories and shows worldwide.
- Educated to degree level or have equivalent relevant buying experience
- Experience, working with a range of external suppliers. Relevant category experience is preferable.
- Proven track record of negotiating and delivering cost savings.
- Product management (NPD and Range build).
- Detailed knowledge of the product, sector and market.
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to articulate the product strategy and translate it into effective strategic initiatives and operational plans.
- Previous experience of leading a high performing team
- Strong commercial acumen supported by sound judgement.
- Experienced at managing cross functional change projects with strong project management skills and problem solving.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels within the business.
- Assertive and confident in a high-pressure environment with a high level of personal and professional credibility.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and the ability to work to tight deadlines.