Location: Manchester – Hybrid Working
Job Ref: TGN4321
An exciting opportunity for a Buyers Administration Assistant has arisen within our award-winning homeware business. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career in a fast moving, growing business.
We believe in looking after your team, your customers, your suppliers and the environment isn’t just the right way to work; it’s the only way to work. By being part of the buying team, your key focus will always be going the extra mile in all aspects of this role, which means you will take responsibility for supporting the buying team in their efforts to keep ahead of the market on key trends and build a superb range each season.
- Full administrative support to the buying team, maintaining all internal systems with accurate information updates.
- Spreadsheet and report creation, filing paperwork, meeting room set-up and other ad hoc office duties as and when required.
- Sample ownership – effectively managing the movement of samples through the business from ordering through to ensuring ready for sign-off, passing to the next relevant team.
- Managing the critical path and development trackers – highlighting and seeking to resolve any issues with the relevant people, whilst ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Range Building – assist the team when range building, successfully managing new product development from concept through to product launch successfully.
- Market/trend awareness – support the team with regular market analysis and trend research, collating findings and feeding back to the team.
- Vendor Management – daily communication with vendors is key to achieving results and ensuring deadlines are met. Strong communication skills are required to succeed.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload – be proactive within your own role and the team, create an excellent working culture through positivity, a proactive and can-do attitude and be a strong team player.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently alone as well as part of a team.
- You must be able to work well under pressure, managing a varied workload to ensure tight deadlines are achieved and with a strong desire to succeed and progress, you’ll be a quick learner with a happy-to-help attitude.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to effectively plan and prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication skills – will work with several teams within the business as well as vendors daily (Far East, Europe etc,) and internal and external customers.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy – must be methodical and accurate in your approach to tasks. Systems need to be 100% accurate first time.
- Fluent use of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Creativity – a passion for home interiors trends and product development.
- Analytical skills – sales analysis needed frequently.
- Commercial awareness – ability to recognise trends and react to competitor launches.
- Enthusiastic, organised, team player – will be required to support and participate in meetings where input may be needed.
- The ability to work well under pressure and react quickly to changes in priorities.
- Experience working in a busy buying department would be an advantage.
ATTRIBUTES & VALUES
- Passion and enthusiasm with a strong desire to succeed
- Creative thinker
- Continuous improvement
- Exceeding expectations
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays + extra day off on your birthday
- Hybrid working + flexible hours
- Company Pension scheme
- Medicash Medical cover
- Training and progression opportunities
- Free canteen facilities + onsite parking
- Regular sample sales
- Regular funded social activities
- Health & Well-being support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long service awards