Location: Oldham – Hybrid
Job Ref: TGN4477
A great opportunity for a Boyswear Designer (Jersey) to join a successful clothing company, who have well established accounts for some of the biggest UK and European Retailers such as the Supermarkets, Next, Fatface and M&S to name a few. This is a hybrid role & you will be in the office 2-3 days per month.
Reporting to the Senior Designer you will be responsible for
- Working closely with the design team to create commercial boyswear ranges
- Able to give trend updates in design meeting, bringing fresh ideas to the table
- Creation of design packs
- Sourcing and updating new fabrics/Trims/Silhouettes/Details
- Tracking new development with the Factory
- Taking notes at meetings and sending an overview to the team
- Attend meetings/design presentations where needed
- Actively contributing design ideas, research and design concepts to the design team
- Returning samples
- Increase departmental awareness of key trends
- Creative input with an excellent eye for colour
- Own management of organising the design room
- Preparing for client meetings (as required).
- Other duties as required
- MUST have 2-3 years experience Designing Boyswear.
- Have a Fashion Design/Textiles degree.
- Be passionate about design with a good eye for jersey product.
- Confident to share their opinion in a professional way
- Organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Comfortable using Illustrator and Photoshop, to create CADs and design packs for the factory
- Some Fabric knowledge and jersey awareness
- Responsible for booking travel, overseen by a senior designer
- Attention to detail, working effectively and efficiently
- Commercial awareness