Industry: Ladieswear & Menswear
Job Ref: TGN4417
We are looking for an Assistant Outerwear Designer to join a fast fashion supplier who Design and Manufacturer Ladies, Mens and Girls clothing, for brands including ASOS, ZARA, Pull & Bear, New Look, Lipsy etc. They are a family run company who is experiencing exponential growth. We are looking for a talented and passionate assistant designer to join their team. We are looking for a motivated, energetic, and creative candidate who will bring new ideas to the table. Full training on the job will be provided.
- You will be part of a thriving fashion company with a talented and successful team.
- Central Manchester location
- Close links to the Metrolink & train station.
- Staff socials & Fizz Fridays
- Flexible working hours (start & end times)
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by 1 each year up to 25 days
- Working within the Design team and assisting the Senior Designer.
- Trend research – identifying key shapes across blogs, catwalks, Instagram, TikTok etc.
- Collate the information onto trend boards in an organised way, highlighting the most important trends.
- Sketch up cads which are drawn technically correct, to scale and are following the latest trends.
- Collate cads on boards in a presentable format. Annotate / highlight any key design details.
- Begin to develop samples under supervision. Select fabrics and email instructions to factories.
- Assist with producing design and cost packs which can be emailed to factories.
- Write up emails to brief the factory of design details to accompany design packs.
- Create costing spreadsheets to be sent to factories.
- Sample management.
- Responsible for Tagging all samples that come in and out of the business & updating trackers.
- Helping with post on the department (sending and receiving).
- Organising shopping samples.
- Assist senior designer with product meetings internally or externally.
- Racking up meeting rooms or packing cases for external meetings.
- Helping with meeting follow up / taking meeting notes and photo boards.
- Creating fashion forward ranges based on the client’s specifications.
- Ensuring all products are designed and manufactured in line with the critical path.
- Daily contact with third parties including the Far East.
- Daily contact with customers at different levels.
- Preparing cost sheets and packs to be sent to factories & customers.
- Designing with each individual customer in mind.
- Liaising with different factories.
- Other duties as required.
- Ideally have experience in a similar role.
- Experience across numerous customer accounts – ideally High Street Retailers.
- Experience in researching & forecasting trends.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of adobe illustrator / photoshop.
- Be commercially aware of current trends and themes.
- Have a good commercial eye is essential to the role.
- Strong interpersonal skills.