Job Ref: TGN4409
An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Merchandiser to join an established, Textiles company with an excellent reputation who offer training and progression opportunities. The company offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
- Work within forecasts and manage all stock levels accordingly.
- Accurate forecasting of stock within the range based on business trend analysis and research.
- Amending forecast estimates as and when required.
- Monitoring previous trends.
- Cover forward demand and calculations of stockholdings.
- Agree estimates for new launches of products with the customer.
- Attend regular launch meetings to ensure that all items are received in time.
- Place orders with the mills overseas in a timely manner to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Orders to be placed by either sea or air freight depending on delivery time scales.
- Management of the mills to ensure that all deliveries arrive at the specified time, being fully aware of any delays or stock shortages.
- Maximise opportunities through the effective management of inventory.
- Driving sales through improved availability, forecasting, reducing mark down and maximising profit.
- Liaise with customer as and when required.
- Be a strong support to the Merchandising team.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have experience in a similar role.
- MUST have strong Microsoft Excel skills (Essential).
- MUST have forecasting / planning ability (monitoring previous trends, cover forward demand and calculations of stockholdings and fabric requirements at the mills).
- Be focused with a strong attention to detail and be organised.
- Want to make a difference and be forward thinking.
- Have a strong Analytical skill set.
- Be a good communicator – both internally and with customers.