Location: Manchester – Remote
Job Ref: TGN4442
A great opportunity for an Assistant Menswear Designer to join a successful clothing company, who have well established accounts for some of the biggest UK and European Retailers such as Next, Fatface, M&S and George to name a few. You will be part of a team of 6 designers responsible for their multi product commercial clothing working on their new online brand. A fantastic opportunity to expand your career within men’s design on large accounts!
- Working with Retail Buyers.
- Creating and producing commercial designs.
- Extensive market research and comp shops.
- Keeping up to date with fashion trends including colours and shapes.
- Developing ranges.
- Attending client meetings in and out of the office.
- Working within the Design Team to meet briefs.
- Maintaining the company identity and developing their product portfolio.
- Understanding the costing side of developments.
- Delivering products on budget.
- Desirable design experience working in industry or as an intern
- Strong CAD skills.
- Fully computer literate.
- Creative flair and good colour sense.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to also work on own initiative.