Job Ref: TGN4313
A fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Garment Technologist to join an Online Ladies Fashion brand. You will be working in a growing Technical team with high quality Ladieswear clothing. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail & want to develop their career in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Ladies multi-product clothing.
- Company pension
- On-site parking & close to a train station
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- 40% discount throughout the brand Website
- Regular in-house sample ‘sales’
- Provide technical support to the Technical Team.
- Responsible for sample management, monitor & log incoming samples
- Measuring & quality checking samples, fit samples & photoshoot samples
- Contribute on technical issues that arise by finding an appropriate solution
- Attending fit sessions and typing fit comments
- Assisting with returns investigations
- Fitting on live models with Technologist & Buyers, providing comments to the suppliers
- Create graded size charts from physical samples and established blocks using brand standardised grading and templates.
- Contribute to live model fittings across a varied product range.
- Creation of comprehensive, clear, and logical product comments for all samples complete with supporting imagery and diagrams.
- Understanding of garment construction to ensure the best possible methods are used within cost and to achieve a premium and durable finish.
- Approval of production samples.
- Maintaining the critical path with accuracy and consistency so visibility of the product progression is easily accessible to all functions within the business.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within Ladieswear.
- Understanding of pattern construction.
- Basic understanding of test reports and compliance.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office / Excel / Word.
- Have a Fashion/Clothing Technology degree (or similar).
- Enthusiasm and determination, with a passion for garment technology.
- Must be able to work efficiently and part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organised with good prioritisation skills.
- Attention to detail is key and ability to work at speed necessary.
- Ability to fit on both live model and stand accurately and at speed.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.