Job Ref: TGN4305
A fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Garment Technologist to join a leading clothing company who supply the High Street and Supermarket accounts such as Primark, Next, Fatface, M&S, TU and George amongst others. The working hours are Monday to Friday 9am-530pm. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role and be looking to develop their career in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to progress.
- Reporting to the Technical Manager.
- Ensuring that garments are being produced to the required quality standard and that manufacturing is measured within tolerance.
- Discussing new designs with the design department and Merchandisers and helping to decide on the best way to manufacture them.
- Working out size specifications and planning how new garments will be made up by producing initial and graded size charts.
- Monitoring the production of sample garments and initiating any changes to the designs to fit manufacturing requirements.
- Liaising with customers and clients and working with the Far East Factories and High Street stores.
- Working with the Garment Tech Team as well as being able to use your own initiative.
- Liaising with colleagues with regards to ideas and changes that can be made to improve the garment.
- Other duties as required.
- Have experience in a similar role.
- Have a Fashion/Clothing Technology degree (or similar).
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to also work on own initiative.
- Ability to travel as and when required to meet with Buyers and suppliers.