Job Ref: TGN4437
A fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Garment Technologist to join an Online Ladies Fashion brand. You will be working in a growing Technical team with high quality Ladieswear clothing. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail & want to develop their career in a fast-paced environment.
- Company pension
- On-site parking & close to a train station
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- 40% discount throughout the brand Website
- Regular in-house sample ‘sales’
- Provide technical support to the Technical Team.
- Responsible for sample management, monitor & log incoming samples
- Measuring & quality checking samples, fit samples & photoshoot samples
- Contribute on technical issues that arise by finding an appropriate solution
- Attending fit sessions and typing fit comments
- Assisting with returns investigations
- Fitting on live models with Technologist & Buyers, providing comments to the suppliers
- Create graded size charts from physical samples and established blocks using brand standardised grading and templates.
- Contribute to live model fittings across a varied product range.
- Creation of comprehensive, clear, and logical product comments for all samples complete with supporting imagery and diagrams.
- Understanding of garment construction to ensure the best possible methods are used within cost and to achieve a premium and durable finish.
- Approval of production samples.
- Maintaining the critical path with accuracy and consistency so visibility of the product progression is easily accessible to all functions within the business.
- Other duties as required.
Have a Fashion/Clothing Technology degree (or similar).
Understanding of pattern construction.
Basic understanding of test reports and compliance.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office / Excel / Word.
Enthusiasm and determination, with a passion for garment technology.
Must be able to work efficiently and part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Highly organised with good prioritisation skills.
Attention to detail is key and ability to work at speed necessary.
Ability to fit on both live model and stand accurately and at speed.
Excellent communication and organisational skills.