Job Ref: TGN4628
We are looking for an Assistant Buyer (Ladies Multi Product) to join a successful online Fashion Ladieswear Retailer. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join a growing fast-paced fashion brand which means there is an opportunity to take on additional responsibility whilst learning the key skills of a Buyer within a small team. The ideal candidate will have 2 years’ experience with Fashion Buying, have a commercial fashion eye & thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment. Working hours are Monday to Friday 930am-530pm.
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Birthday day off
- Staff Discount
- Close to a train station
- Working closely with the Buying & Merchandising teams.
- Supporting on a wide range of tasks from product range building, supplier communication, sample management, departmental admin and order raising.
- You will be involved in trade, emerging trend meetings and weekly Buy sign offs.
- Ensure the department is running smoothly & your tasks completed to deadlines.
- Critical Path Management alongside the Merchandising team.
- Monitor the weekly supplier critical paths & flag problems / risks to shipments.
- Communicate with suppliers daily, chasing cost prices, fabric information etc.
- Day to day Admin – update range plans, complete data sheets, file lab dips and bulk fabrics etc.
- Purchase order Creation.
- Weekly Buying prep including samples steamed and hung ready for the Buying team.
- Take photos for the Buy sign off pack.
- Present in the weekly Buy and weekly trade meetings in the absence of your Buyer.
- Attend all fit meetings, fill in relevant documents and support in the commercial fitting of a garment.
- Approve Lab dips and bulks.
- Sample Management.
- Ensuring sample room is kept tidy and up to date.
- Chase in photoshoot samples & ensure the correct products are handed over for shoots.
- Work with Tech to chase in fit samples in line with critical path management.
- Depending on experience you may have the opportunity to take ownership of a product range.
- Other duties as required.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience within Fashion Buying.
- Strong Excel skills – Pivot tables and formulas are ideal skills.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organised with the ability to manage a workload and prioritise where required.
- The ability to build rapport and relationships with suppliers and colleagues
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to work independently
- Critical path workflow and management skills
- A “right first time” attitude.
- Strong team player – work towards the brand goals with a solution focused positive mindset.