Location: Manchester – Hybrid Working
Job Ref: TGN4322
An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer has arisen within our award-winning business. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Buyer to further their career in a creative, fast moving and growing business.
We believe in looking after your team, your customers, your suppliers and the environment isn’t just the right way to work; it’s the only way to work. By being part of the buying team, your key focus will always be going the extra mile in all aspects of the role, which means you will take responsibility for supporting the buying team in their efforts to keep ahead of the market on key trends and build a superb range each season.
- Range building – planning, selecting and building a highly commercial and profitable range with the Buyer.
- Contribute to product development by regularly obtaining market knowledge, analysing consumer buying patterns, competitor activity and working with the Buyer to predict future trends and identify opportunities to drive sales and profitability.
- Manage a critical path to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Analyse, forecast and plan with the team to ensure the most profitable range is implemented.
- Cultivate productive relationships with suppliers (Europe, China, India), liaising on a regular basis and supporting the Buyer in creating a robust supplier strategy.
- Negotiate effectively with suppliers to agree the most commercial cost prices and favourable buying terms.
- Effectively manage own workload and be an active member of the buying team, supporting teamwork and joint learning/development initiatives.
- Participate in projects and initiatives as appropriate.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- As a key member of the buying team, the Assistant Buyer will work closely with the Buyer to ensure the department achieves sales, stock and margin targets through the development of highly commercial product ranges, building and maintaining strong working relationships with the supplier base.
- Range building and product development experience.
- Commercial awareness – have a clear understanding of the key trends coming through and be able to translate them into commercial product ranges.
- Exceptional communication skills, the ability to present your ideas in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent judgement, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to plan and prioritise your own workload and actively manage a wide range of responsibilities.
- Exceptional team management/leadership skills, a real team player with the ability to work well under pressure who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Strong critical path management skills, adept at pre-empting potential issues and suggesting appropriate remedial actions.
- Analytical and costing skills, especially of sales and margin.
- Experience of working with a broad range of suppliers (ideally in the Far East & India).
- Happy to help, proactive and positive attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel and Power point.
ATTRIBUTES & VALUES
- Passion and enthusiasm with a strong desire to succeed
- Creative thinker
- Continuous improvement
- Exceeding expectations
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays + extra day off on your birthday
- Hybrid working + flexible hours
- Company Pension scheme
- Medicash Medical cover
- Training and progression opportunities
- Free canteen facilities + onsite parking
- Regular sample sales
- Regular funded social activities
- Health & Well-being support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long service awards