Job Ref: TGN4349
An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join the Buying team of a Homeware supply chain business who work with customers like Dunelm, Argos and Asda. The working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30-5pm. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience in a Buying.
- 24 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Modern offices
- Friendly team
- Growing brand
- Assist the Head of Buying and Buyer.
- Work closely with the QC and Product Development Departments.
- Obtaining market knowledge & analysing consumer buying patterns.
- Working with the Buyer to predict future trends & identify opportunities to drive sales/profitability.
- Manage a critical path to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Analyse, forecast and plan with the team to ensure the most profitable range is implemented.
- Build relationships with suppliers (Europe, China, India etc).
- Negotiate effectively with suppliers to agree the most commercial cost prices & buying terms.
- Effectively manage own workload and be an active member of the buying team.
- Create & maintain strong relationships with both suppliers & customers.
- Understanding of reports and actions that may need to be taken.
- Purchase Order Management.
- Inputting orders onto critical path.
- Dealing with issues arising with orders both internally and externally.
- Sample Management
- Processing samples received – labelling, logging, organising & filing samples.
- Dealing with email and telephone queries
- Proactively dealing with department queries across Buying & Merchandising.
- Ensure accuracy in all areas at all times and keep a record of all communications.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have 2-3 years experience in Buying.
- Ideally have a background in Homeware, Electrical Goods or Hard Goods.
- Good IT skills – excellent knowledge of Excel (Databases, Vlookups, formulas etc.)
- Be confident with excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and communication skills.
- Be accurate, methodical, motivated and trustworthy.
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills.