Location: North West
Job Ref: TGN4427
A leading importer and distributor are currently looking to recruit a Buyer to join their growing team, focussing on Accessories. The company supply the high street including B&M, Boohoo, Yours Clothing, In the Style, PLT & The Range etc. This is an office-based role, in order to deal with incoming samples, working Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:30pm. The successful candidate will come from a homewares / fashion / accessories buying background at a Buyer level.
- Free On-site parking
- 30 days Holidays (21 days annual leave plus 9 statutory days)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme
- Monthly social events
- Plan and Source new and existing product ranges ensuring best products are available.
- Working with new and existing suppliers.
- Researching new markets, products and manufacturing processes.
- Conducting competitor research/comp shopping trips benchmarking.
- Identifying issues and opportunities for your range with the support from senior buyers.
- Raising design and artwork briefs to inhouse designers and working closely on developing new items.
- Negotiating with suppliers to agree prices, quantities, delivery schedules.
- Liaise with the imports team re freight / shipping costs and maximum usage of container space.
- Working with your team to a critical path to ensure that products are delivered on time.
- Taking into account demand, price, quality and availability before making a decision.
- Identifying quality standards and ensuring that all products meet those standards.
- Ensure that bestsellers reach their full potential and slow selling products are minimised.
- Manage the preparation and styling of product shoots alongside the Design and marketing team. Ensure product is launched onto the website in line with planned phasing.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have previous experience in a similar role.
- Have product development experience and have sourced from the Far East.
- Highly trend driven with a good understanding of commercial appeal.
- Ability to work to deadlines is essential across multiple channels.
- Be versatile and have strong work ethic.
- Be keen to do more then what is asked for and actively seek new challenges and gain new skill.
- Fast thinking and adaptable in highly demanding situations
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent competitor knowledge.
- Team player, willing to train & support.