Job Ref: TGN2363
- An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced Production Coordinator who is keen to work for a successful textile company based in Lancashire. This company specialise in jersey fabrics for sportswear and textiles.
- To manage and supervise 30 Machinists and 20 members of the administration team.
- To plan and coordinate production to achieve weekly targets of 3200 units / at current this figure. could be amended (peak periods).
- Coordinate with the Line Manager regarding the weekly production plan as per customer order delivery date.
- Must have working knowledge of jobs sheets and fully understand instructions detailed on each sheet.
- Follow through the production path from artwork to print to press to cutting to sewing to delivery to ensure that each production stage relative to delivery is being met.
- Ensuring art work, print, press and cutting are on scheduled to ensure sewing teams receive 3 days before required delivery, this requires a continuous on the floor monitoring of each production stage.
- To ensure that each production stage is updated on the W.M.S and training of staff in data input if necessary .
- Meet with the Line Manager and report production status to receive training and establish and
- Coordinate and monitor with the Line Manager the SMV value to ensure that each team targets are being met.
- Update each team of production targets as styles introduced to sewing.
- Reporting to the Line Manager daily delivery figures.
- Become proficient and knowledgeable with emails communicating to customers.
- Must become familiar with the document SF037 and its use to ensure changes to schedule plan are achieved to meet customers’ requirements.
- Must be proactive on the factory floor to meet the sewing team demands and to be able to troubleshoot any problems that occur in a proactive and proficient manner.
- Knowledge of the critical path
- Management experience
- Excellent knowledge of processes and systems
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Drive and determination.
- Self motivated and a positive approach.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Team player.
- Must have worked within a similar role ideally for a manufacturer.