Job Ref: TGM887
- A Fabric Technologist with production experience is needed to join a busy fashion supplier to the high street retailers in both knitwear and jerseywear.
- Testing fabric and garments to ensure they meet the required standards.
- Ordering and approving labels and packaging.
- Working with the design, production and technical team ensuring fabrics etc are fit for purpose.
- Working on products from initial design through to the final product.
- Sourcing reliable suppliers who understand company vision
- Ensure all lab dip approvals and strike offs are approved
- Making recommendations to adjustments and finishing processes for costs etc
- Chasing up production orders, samples, trim orders and shipping documents.
- Following up bulk fabric test reports.
- Liaising with overseas factories.
- Ensuring all composition and care labels are correct.
- Managing the raw material critical path.
- Being aware of any new developments regarding fabric and being able to introduce to the company to show advantage to the company.
- Be able to provide a solution to prevent any delays within the manufacturing process.
- Experience testing knitwear and jerseywear is desired but not essential.
- Knowledge of critical path management.
- Minimum of 3 years experience gained either with a UK high street supplier or retailer as a Fabric Technologist.
- Knowledge and experience of fitting garments / products.
- Full IT literate including Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.