Job Ref: TGN2725
- An Assistant Merchandiser is needed to join a successful fashion company who supply to high street retailers and supermarkets. You will assist the Merchandiser on a key account with the critical path, purchase orders and shipments. The working hours are Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm. The ideal candidate will have 1 – 2 years experience in a similar role in a fast paced business.
- Supporting the Merchandiser with day to day admin.
- Working on a fast paced key customer account.
- Responsible for the supply chain process from order to delivery.
- Managing orders using the critical path from start to finish.
- Liaising with Far East and European factories via email and telephone.
- Attending customer meetings and building customer relationships
- Checking and approving fit samples.
- Raising, managing and tracking purchase orders, amending where necessary.
- Overseeing lab dips, stock levels and checking delivery notes.
- Booking in stock and setting up product codes.
- Identifying production and supply chain issues and dealing with any problems/ delays as they arise.
- Ensure the correct quality submissions are submitted to the customer within lead-times.
- Enabling approvals on time and ensuring shipment and delivery to customer is on time.
- Following up any problems / quality issues which arise.
- Relaying product information between the team – new developments or changes to orders.
- Check all details on the customer contracts and pass relevant details to the account manager.
- Relay product information between customers and factories by telephone and e-mail.
- Liaising with import department to ensure they are informed of any delivery amendments.
- Working with the account manager, designers, garment techs, suppliers and customer.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have 1 – 2 years experience in a similar role within fashion.
- Ideally be a Fashion Graduate (Buying and Merchandising Degree or similar).
- Ideally have experience with liaising with the Far East.
- Fully computer literate with strong Excel and Word skills.
- Highly organised, efficient and can work to tight deadlines, within a fast paced environment.
- Able to follow a critical path.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.